NOTICE: Content on this Web site and any third party material incorporated in or linked from this site is for general educational and informational purposes only, and does not constitute or take the place of advice from a clinical provider. Please consult with your healthcare professional for information specific to your personal medical situation.
Smaller incisions, less pain and faster recovery
The skilled physicians at About Women Ob-Gyn are trained in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques and can perform virtually any form of gynecological surgery you may need during your lifetime—including state-of-the-art da Vinci Robotic and laparoscopic surgeries. The benefits of these minimally invasive surgeries include:
- Smaller incisions or no incision
- Less pain
- Shorter procedure time
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay or no hospital stay
For the convenience of our patients, About Women Ob-Gyn is pleased to be able to offer some surgical procedures at our office in Woodbridge. Not only does this mean you can be more comfortable in familiar surroundings, you can save time since there’s no need to worry about parking, administrative processes and wait times.
If you need surgery, your physician will decide whether your procedure can be performed at our office. Certain factors in your specific medical situation may make it necessary to have your procedure in the hospital.
Among the minimally invasive gynecological procedures that our physician team performs are:
- Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery—For a variety of conditions and diseases, including endometriosis, heavy periods, and pelvic prolapse.
- Surgery for Endometriosis—A condition, frequently very painful, in which the type of tissue that normally lines the uterus appears outside the uterus.
- Surgery for Pelvic Prolapse—A condition that sometimes occurs after childbirth or at other times in which pelvic organs such as the bladder, urethra, uterus, small bowel, or rectum may drop out of normal position, causing pain, discomfort, or other undesirable effects. Surgical treatment options include a robotic-assisted procedure called da Vinci Sacrocolpopexy for uterine or vaginal vault prolapse.
- MyoSure®—Removal of uterine fibroids or polyps without the need to cut or remove any part of the uterus.
- NovaSure®—A fast, effective treatment for heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) in women who do not plan to become pregnant in the future. See our NovaSure page for details.
Even if you receive your routine gynecology care from your family doctor or other healthcare provider, we encourage you to contact About Women Ob-Gyn for specialized gynecology services, including: