Among the minimally invasive gynecological procedures that our physician team performs are:
- Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery—For a variety of conditions and diseases, including endometriosis, heavy periods, and pelvic prolapse.
- Surgery for Endometriosis—A condition, frequently very painful, in which the type of tissue that normally lines the uterus appears outside the uterus.
- Surgery for Pelvic Prolapse—A condition that sometimes occurs after childbirth or at other times in which pelvic organs such as the bladder, urethra, uterus, small bowel, or rectum may drop out of normal position, causing pain, discomfort, or other undesirable effects. Surgical treatment options include a robotic-assisted procedure called da Vinci Sacrocolpopexy for uterine or vaginal vault prolapse.
- MyoSure®—Removal of uterine fibroids or polyps without the need to cut or remove any part of the uterus.
- NovaSure®—A fast, effective treatment for heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) in women who do not plan to become pregnant in the future. See our NovaSure page for details.
Even if you receive your routine gynecology care from your family doctor or other healthcare provider, we encourage you to contact About Women Ob-Gyn for specialized gynecology services, including: