NOTICE: Content on this Web site and any third party material incorporated in or linked from this site is for general educational and informational purposes only, and does not constitute or take the place of advice from a clinical provider. Please consult with your healthcare professional for information specific to your personal medical situation.
See us from the comfort of your own home
About Women Ob-Gyn offers video-based virtual visits so you can “see” us and receive care right from the safety and comfort of home. Instead of visiting our office, you can join your physician online over a secure video connection. You receive the same great care and information you expect from an in-person visit to About Women Ob-Gyn.
Telemedicine is a great alternative for visits that do not require a physical exam like follow-up visits, reviewing lab and test results, discussing your imaging results such as Dexascans, mammograms, and ultrasounds, and much more.
No more getting stuck in traffic, wasting time finding parking, or taking away from your busy schedule. Virtual Visits with your physician are easy and can be booked at your convenience from the comfort of your home.
How it works:
- Call our office at 703-878-0740 to book your virtual visit
- You will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to connect to your provider using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet device
- Join the appointment and wait for your doctor to start the visit
Call us at 703-878-0740 to schedule your virtual appointment today!
What type of appointments are offered as virtual visits?
- Gynecology follow up appointments
- Contraception (birth control) consult
- Changing birth control
- Infertility consultation
- Irregular bleeding
- Post-Op appointments
- Reviewing lab and test results
- Prescription refills
- Medication adjustments such as hormone replacement therapy, contraception, and medical management for abnormal uterine bleeding
- Reviewing imaging results such as Dexascans, mammograms, and ultrasounds
Will my insurance cover my virtual visit?
During this coronavirus outbreak most insurance companies are expanding their coverage for telemedicine. In most cases, telemedicine visits are treated the same way as in person office visits. For individual coverage questions, please contact your insurance.
Devices that can be used for virtual visits:
- Any smartphone or tablet
- Desktop computer or laptop with webcam and microphone
How to prepare for your virtual visit:
- Ensure you are in a quiet space with access to a computer or device with a camera/microphone
- If you are using a smartphone, download the Zoom application from Google Play or the iPhone App Store
- Open the email that was sent to you with the scheduled visit information and click the link to join the meeting
- If you can provide the following information to us at your visit it would be very helpful: height, weight, and blood pressure